Ping Tracker

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Cave Homes of Gansu Videos!

Hey, guys!

I finally finished putting together my second video about visiting rural Gansu (赵台,in the country) and staying in a cave home with my friend's relatives. It was a rare opportunity, and I'm really happy that I got to experience it. Hopefully, I'll be able to go back soon!

For those of you who don't know, I visited an area in rural Gansu Province with two of my friends to visit some of their relatives. They live in some of the most beautiful (and remote) countryside I have ever seen. I was blown away by the difference in our lives, and I think about it every day. Please watch these videos. There are embeds from both YouTube and Youku.






This was my original video about going there - I'm sure some of you have already seen it, but I thought I'd put it up again anyway so you guys could watch them in order. As always, it's on Youku and YouTube! Thanks for watching! I'll have more to say on the second video! Scroll down!

 


The second of the two videos is the one that deals with the underlying reality and what I was (and am still) thinking about in regards to the experience. I hope it'll give you something to think about! Please watch them and enjoy them - it's not a huge investment of your time.

Feel free to comment or to subscribe to my blog - it's totally free and no sign-up and I would love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. Those views are gorgeous! In a couple weeks, let's talk in Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, just let me know when you're coming in! I might be back in Dallas for work...if you let me know, I can very easily re-arrange my schedule :)

      Delete
  2. From what I hear, Chinese people believe in luck - - good and bad. The only thing I could think of in response to their questions would be "I didn't deserve it. I was just lucky." If you elaborate, you could talk about the burden that comes with that luck and how important you feel that it is to not waste your life on unimportant things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...