Ping Tracker

Thursday, April 7, 2011

4/4.....Xian, Day 2: Part 1

It’s story time! This is one of the most awkward/embarrassing things that’s ever happened to me. It could have been avoided if I hadn’t been so f##king tired. I was in one of those I-can’t-really-think-because-I’m-so-tired states of mind.

So….the hotel called my room around 10:00 or so and asked me how I was doing and everything. They asked me a few questions, and I was a little confused about why they were asking me. I could make out “what are you doing now” and “how many people are in your room” among other things. (Usually, when I don’t understand something, I’ll say “yeah, uhh….” in that kind of ‘I’m thinking’ voice). After talking on the phone for a couple of confused minutes on the phone, there was an awkward end to the conversation. I got in bed, about to go to sleep, when there’s a knock at the door.

I opened the door, and there were two women there asking me if they could come in and some other questions. They kept asking where my friend was (I had told them on the phone that I was waiting on a friend to come, which was true) and they kept saying something about giving them 600元, which I was confused by. They saw I was confused, so they pulled out two condoms….which only further confused me. I was trying to get out of the situation, but couldn’t express myself, so I had to embarrassingly go to my friend’s room, wake her up and let her defuse the situation.

After Jing sent them away, she said, “sit down, there’s something we need to discuss”. She told me that most hotels call the rooms every night wanting to know if they need any services. Oh yeah….then I remembered hearing the words "fu wu” on the phone (which means "service"), but being so tired at the time, I hadn’t processed it. Services which included condoms……

Oh…..then my tired brain put 2 and 2 together…..2+2 in this Chinese hotel = I’m screwed (ha. wordplay.). In my attempts to translate and answer their questions, I had pretty much said “yeah, uhh….I could use some female company for me and my friend *wink*”. Being a considerate hotel wishing to keep their guests happy and relaxed, they naturally provided.

Wow. When that all hit me when I was sitting with Jing, I wanted to vanish on the spot. Damn. I had woken up my extremely tired and achy friend in order to ask her to send away my hookers. Damn.

5 comments:

  1. Well, you wanted new and unusual experiences. Hahhahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHHA,
    That's hilarious. (-:

    Daniel Murrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahaha, that is so funny and btw this is Tyler F

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAH! That's so funny! I definitely haven't had any experiences like that yet, think you'll take the cake for unusual travel experience :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...